all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Monday 14 May 2012

Mondays Offering...Mother Mother


This is a very special gift
That you can never see,
The reason it's so special is
It's just for you from me


When ever you are lonely
Or are ever feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And know I'm hugging you


you never can unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with hugs inside

*


Happy Mother's Day to you my lovelies
You who grace me with your presence here
Those of you who share your wise words
You who walk with me
journeying through this life 
figuring it out as we go along


This offering is for all my lovelies
even those who have no children 
in the traditional sense
I believe in each of us
there is a mother
as the world is in need of many kinds
we nurture
we create
we open our hearts
we give generously
we are an amazing being...


The word Mother encompasses much for me...

I had a mother who birthed me
Another mother who raised me
Another mother who mentored me
and two mothers who became my mothers 
when they became grandmothers to my two boys
Each of them offer something different
Each mirroring something different back to me

The thing about Mothers...what ever type you are
is they still seem to miss the most important thing
Mothering themselves
a Sister of mine posted about it
Taking time for ourselves
still for many of you
 somehow seems indulgent
and maybe 
even wrong
Even when I posted about my sadness yesterday
there was a twinge of uncertainty
but I don't live there anymore
worrying about right or wrong
I am more concerned
about living a whole, real life
and in my life 
sadness sometimes comes to visit.


My point is, my lovelies
Mother you
take care of you
nurture you
create for you
open your heart to you
be generous to you
when we do this for ourselves
we are able to do these things for others 
in an even fuller way!
This is my offering to you today

oh
along with a little number from the past
just for fun


Love and Light



5 comments:

  1. oh I used to belt that song out!!! haha teen angst memories big time
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card message. And your words of wisdom there about looking after ourselves well and in doing so we are able to look afters others better.
    You're a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why nurturing ourselves seems unnatural. It is like you said, when we work to make ourselves more whole, everyone around us is better for it. Today I was given these words "I am gentle with myself and others when we make mistakes"...I like that word - gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet sweet poem from your lovie! :))

    Was thinking about you so much on Mothers' Day.. hoping you were able to see your son... so glad you did! Think of you so much.

    Loves. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh - this is lovely my fellow Mommy. It's true - we need to nurture ourselves. Thanks for the reminder. Always lovin' all your photos - beeeaauuutiful!
    Luv ya! Suey

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light