all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Magic and Fairy Dust...




We are back in the land of Magic and Fairy Dust
a land created by The Fairy God-Mother
aka me


Every year
for the past few
I have put on a luncheon for a group of 5
beautiful young girls


they are the daughters of some women in my life
and since I have no daughters of my own
I thought it would be fun to,
for one day,
be a mother of sorts....
A Fairy God-Mother 
to these girls...


watching them grow into vibrant young women
offering them a place to dream
to connect
to commune 


(the girl world is so different from the boy world
I love it!)


So
with the help of a sister-friend
we created a magical world
in which they could spend the day
playing dress up
dreaming
giggling
and talking


truly
it was magic...















the day ended with the heavens opening up
and sprinkling down rain



a fresh baptizing
bringing in the season of harvest
a season of magic


Love and Light


(more images found here)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing us to get a glimpse of this magical world. I love those women who have the capacity to be the mother of children, who are not their own and extend their motherly love beyond their own children. You are truly admirable for that,having the courage to look beyond your own boundaries.
    The photographs are wonderful and the ambiance is magical !
    Sending love your way,

    ReplyDelete
  2. memories these young women will carry with them forever. now THAT is love in action. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one!!!! So magical. I wish you were my fairy godmother;) I find I need one more iny grown up life than ever before.!
    Words can't describe how much I love this! Everything. The decor, magic, love and nature... Very creative Cat;) those gals are very lucky;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! You are so creative and WOW. What wonderful memories you are giving these young ladies year, after year.
    You really are a fairy godmother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! such fun! what a wonderful and magical idea! so creative and sublime. thank you for sharing the pictures! :) you seem like a perfect fairy godmother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my GOSH you are the BESt fairy godmother EVER! this is even more magical than your first post. I want to see those pictures BIGGER!!!
    Beautiful Cat. thanks SO much for sharing this with me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! totally awesome...I want a fairy godmother..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful Cat! They must have had SUCH fun!!! You are a genius fairy godmother - love love love all that creativity! Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Cat!!! I can't believe I never saw this till now! It's AMAZING. My heart literally skipped a beat. SO BEAUTY-FULL.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light